This little reading machine finished 50 books in one year.
For some of you this might not seem like a big deal but to me, it’s a sign of something much bigger than just reading books.
It was about finishing and accomplishing a goal that was larger than I expected or thought that I could actually complete.
For years I’ve set this goal for myself to read 40 books in one year and never accomplished it. LET ALONE READ 10 OVER THAT GOAL.
It’s kind of like the whole, “lose 15 pounds this year,” New Year’s resolution. You set it knowing that you aren’t going to do it and then when it happens it’s like the happiest accident.
The difference was that this year I set the goal and I told myself that I was hell bound and determined to accomplish it. AND I DID IT. WHAT!
Here is the list of books that I read in order of how I read them, not based on how good they were..just on the order of how I read them. I honestly picked whatever caught my eye and kept my attention. Some of them have cuss words (sorry about that).
Thanks to all who recommended some of these great reads. They were awesome!
Let me know if you have any questions about any of these reads or if you need any recommendations. Click the links and it will take you to Amazon so you can look at and buy them 😉
Here we go……
- Your best year ever. By Michael Hyatt
- Love does. By Bob Goff
- Walking with God. John Eldredge
- Daring Greatly. Brene Brown
- Through the painted desert. By Donald Miller
- Get the guy. By Matthew Hussey
- How to lead when you’re not in charge. Clay Scroggins
- You are a bad***. Jen Sincero
- Be our Guest. Disney
- The Bravest you. Adam Smith
- Start with why. Simon Sinek
- Scary close. By Donald Miller
- 101 Self Improvement. John Maxwell.
- The gift of being yourself. David G. Benner
- Ready player one. Ernest Cline
- Making time. Bob Clagett
- How to talk to anyone. Leil Lowndes
- Developing the leaders around you. John Maxwell
- Boundaries in dating. Henry Cloud
- How people grow. Henry Cloud
- Strong woman soft hearts. Paula Rinehart
- Chess not checkers. Mark Miller
- UF yourself. Gary John Bishop
- The power of vulnerability. Brene Brown
- All the missing girls. Megan Miranda
- Something Borrowed. Emily Giffin
- Chemistry. Leil Lowndes
- A Time-Conscious Life. Stephen R. Covey
- Blue like jazz. Doland Miller
- The Heart Led Leader. Tommy Spaulding
- Forgotten God. Francis Chan
- Letters to the Church. Francis Chan
- Remember God. Annie F. Downs
- Astrophysics for people in a hurry. Neil deGrasse Tyson
- The Incarnate Leader. Bill Robinson
- Zero G. Dan Wells
- The Power of Prayer. Charles Spurgeon
- Girl, wash your face. Rachel Hollis
- An Effective Life. Stephen R. Covey
- Rising strong / as a spiritual practice. Brene Brown
- The Alchemist. Paulo Coelho
- UNF UR brain. Faith G. Harper
- Unqualified. Steven Furtick
- Happy. Ian K. Smith
- The road back to you. Ian Morgan Cron
- Alien: out of the shadows. Tim Lebron
- No Greater Love. Mother Teresa
- Blamestorming. Rob Kendall
- 4 Essential Keys to Communication. Bento Leal
- Playful Intelligence. Anthony DeBenedct
Nice Ellie! You’re an animal, no a pea!
Sent from my iPhone
Congrats! That’s awesome. 🙂