By no means am I an expert on London after one short trip. Honestly, London is one of those cities that I bet you could explore for a lifetime and still not see it all.
Here are some things that I learned and loved seeing during my short and very, very sweet trip there….
• Download city mapper app to navigate systems. If you “favorite directions” while you are connected to wifi the app will still direct you when you are offline & don’t have cell service.
• Their version of the subway is called the “Tube” and their metro card is called an “Oyster Card”.
OUTSIDE OF THE CITY ENGLISH PLACES TO SEE:
•Cliffs of Dover
Address Upper Road Langdon Cliffs, Dover CT16 1HJ, England
LONDON SIGHTS TO SEE / GO TO:
•Rooftop bar: Popular ones include Roofnic, Culpeper Roof Garden, Radio rooftop bar, and Vista.
•Abbey road Abbey Rd, London NW6 4DN
•Notting Hill – you can GPS to Notting Hill bookstore – get donuts from the place right next door. So yum!
•Camden street market
•Sky garden – have to make reservations
•Shoreditch – Cereal killer cafe and vintage shops & graffiti/street art
•Sunset at the primrose garden
•Eat Indian food. From any and everywhere! So yum!
•Secret underground tube bar – Cahoots
•See a Broadway show
•Columbia Road flower market
•Have a picnic in Hyde Park
• Ride a Double-decker bus
• Eat fish and chips
•Afternoon tea @ Browns. Click here for more info
• The Tower of London / the bridge
• St. Dunstan’s in the east
• The British Museum
• Piccadilly Circus lights
• Gordon’s wine bar
• Winter garden
• Experience street art and graffiti on a guided walking tour of Shoreditch London
DIDN’T GET TO GO TO BUY DYING TO SEE….
•Jurassic coast -Durdle door in Dorset
•The Peak District – Chatsworth house – Mr.Darcy’s house
•Brighton – East Sussex beach
And just for bonus fun, here are some fun pics from my trip!
Hope this helps a fellow traveler or dreamer 😉 🙂